1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 point hitch system for atv

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Jan 29, 2009.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I just bought a 3 point hitch system and a 5 ft back blade for my atv sight unseen on craigslist for only $55 lol. I seen it thought it would be cool and called the people up and bought it. can someone give me any info on one these things. it says it is hydraulic I dont know what would have to run through the atv. here are the pics of it that the women had on craigslist. I will have better pics tonight when I go get it.

3mb3ob3p0ZZZZZZZZZ91s1539bb5e66cd162a.jpg

3n03ke3m1ZZZZZZZZZ91scd816040176619c8.jpg

3n83p23l1ZZZZZZZZZ91sa87dd475311d10e2.jpg

3o33p53l3ZZZZZZZZZ91s4e84504c8cf81430.jpg

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I know that Cycle country makes a 3pt system for ATV, Heck I have one under the work bench in the garage that has yet to be opend and put on an ATV.
    I got a good deal on it and have plans for it to have a back blade and mount my ATV Snow blower up front I want to due this to a Honda Foreman but I need the $$ to buy another Foreman for doing this 2. I dont' wanna mess up the one I have as it is my first line of Snow removal and I can't afford to have it go down during snow removal season.
    might want to try and find out What type of Quad it came off of as from Cycle country's site they have different mounting system per different quads.

nice score,

so you gonna put this on the Other ATV?

sublime out

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

it came off a polaris. I am going to put it on my green quad with the plow.

4. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

i think it would be easier to put a linear actuater in place of the hydralic cyliner rather than mess with adding a hydro pump and everythin on the atv

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

it is a linear one. i dont know what she was saying hydraulic.

6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

can someone help me how to mount the thing on my quad. I dont have a clue how. here are some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

8. hondarecon4435

it was made for the polaris there is no way it will just bolt up to your arctic cat your gonna have to build a mount

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

yep I just figured out how to make it work. I need to find a remote for it

10. hondarecon4435

cool make sure you get some pics with it mounted. this is an excellent find i would love to find one like this

11. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

they said the thing worked in the summer. I am gonna put my jump it on it tomarrow and see if it works. if it does I need to get a switch to power the thing up and down because that is what it is missing.

12. Zach

Zach Senior Member

Duct tape??...... I dunno, that thing looks confusing as hell!:eek::D:D:D

13. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

go to radio shack and get a 2 pole, 3 postion switch. i got my swtch from there to use on my 12v actuator for my home made 3pt towable trailer. i have a blade and a earthcavator. easy to wire the switch.

14. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I got a few brand new 3 pole switches outside in the garage I got from work (fringe benefits). The thing is confusing as all hell to figure out which end is up and which is down. here are some pics of it on quad temporarily the way I think it goes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  15. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Cycle Country 3pt Hitch,

Manual
    http://www.cyclecountry.com/Portals/0/sitePDFs/71-0000.pdf

Mounting Kit for Cats,
    http://www.cyclecountry.com/ThreePointMounts/tabid/94/Default.aspx?Brand=Arctic%20Cat

looks to me from the Pics you have the 3pt positioned correct.

ON the pic of the blade it kinda looks like the had that mounted Backward on the 3pt so you went in Reverse to plow the snow?

looks like some other linkage is also missing form the system also.

good luck with this.

I awaiting your results as this will inspire me to get my set up going.

Wish I could find a nice quad for $1000.00 was it?

sublime out.

16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

i paid $1000 for the red one and $1800 for the green one

17. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

At first I thought the back blade was there so you could push snow in reverse... that would be an awesome setup for doing parking lots! I hope this works out for you!

18. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I should have it done tonight. I am gonna make wings for my plow now that I have the back blade for sidewalks. I have my control mounted and all I have to do is wire the control into the acuator and battery, make a mount to attach to frame for extra support, and go use it :)

19. Zach

Zach Senior Member

that looks like it has no down pressure...

20. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

It probably weighs a ton! Lol

It has down pressure because it doesn't raise like the plow on the front where you can bring it up by hand even if your winch is out all the way.... I think it attaches at three points so that if it's down it down. Correct me if I'm wrong.