1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 point hitch on pickup

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by JCStrasser, Sep 27, 2007.

1. JCStrasser

JCStrasser Member

Has anyone thought of or built a three point hitch that slides into a 2" receiver on their pickup truck?

I have an '06 Dodge Cummins that pulls a "Driveway Groomer" down our 1/3 mile gravel road very easily. I think that a York rake would do it better- the 1 time I rented a tractor with a rake, it graded the road very well- so I know that a rake would work.

Just wondered if anyone had built a 3 point hitch to pull a York rake behind their pickup.

Any input?

Thanks,
    John

2. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

I put Hydraulics on the back of mine so I can pull planters, drills,etc.. and raise them/ lower them but not a 3 pt hitch. Was having a tough time finding an affordable pump/ cylinder assy. to make it work. I know Willys Overland (Jeep) used to have them on the CJ-2A, 3A, 3B etc.. and Mercedes Benz HAs them on their Unimogs. Try checking out used stuff for them and you may have some luck.

3. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

theres a company out there that makes a 3pt hitch for pickups, i dont believe it slides into the reciever though...i think it bolts onto the frame. Your better off buying a york rake and welding some gizmos to it to get what you want then be able to lower and raise it with an electric winch that you can mount above the rake on the welded bracket...or spend $1500 on Ebay and get yourself a nice little Ford 8N and york rake

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

They make a york setup that works upfront using the plow lift.

5. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Wouldn't have a link to such a set-up, would you Flipper??

6. JCStrasser

JCStrasser Member

7. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I have seen a system that goes into a 2" receiver.......but I can't find it right now.......still looking

8. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Thats the one.