1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 plug ultra mount plow to 2 plug

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by atom1013, Oct 29, 2012.

1. atom1013

atom1013 Junior Member

Is there anyway to convert a 3 plug plowside ultra mount straight blade to a 2 plug? The used plow i am looking at is 3 plugs and i would like to wire my truck for the newer 2 plug. Anyone know if that can be done?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes there is a way to do it. How good are you with wiring

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

He's talking multiplex 2 plug, not relay.

Yes it can be done but is not inexpensive by any means.

4. dieselss

I know the multiplex,,,,you have to rewire the whole tk. From in the cab to outside. And the plowside correct??

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct. My point was the plow side isn't inexpensive either until you purchase all the needed parts to do it correctly. Can't just wiretie the plow module on there and let it flap in the breeze. Need everything to do it correctly.

6. dieselss

Gotcha. So in layman's terms. Yea you can. But your Gunna pay

7. atom1013

atom1013 Junior Member

I am pretty good with wiring I have done all my other trucks I just didn't know what was easier , changing truck over or the plow.

8. atom1013

atom1013 Junior Member

Yea it's a 3 port iso. The plow is a few years old from a 2009 dodge and I am trying to use it one my 2011 gmc.

9. Bachsta

Bachsta Junior Member

I'm currently looking at a similar problem with a truck I am about to purchase, it comes with a fisher with 3 plugs while the truck is only two. The fisher dealer told me that I would need to switch the truck to the 3 plug(4 port module?) and that's $1600. is there a way to just convert the plow over?
    Thanks
    Dan

10. dieselss

What plow and is it a relay or the ISO multiflex system ??

11. Bachsta

Bachsta Junior Member

It's the ISO multiflex, I'm not sure about the plow, it has the square headlights and is a straight eight footer if that helps
    thanks

12. dieselss

That I'm not.sure of. But I'm Gunna say it can be done,,but again how much u wanna spend?

13. Bachsta

Bachsta Junior Member

less than the $1600 haha, i would be alright spending around $3-500.

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Shouldn't be $1600. More like half that or less as you only need to change the control harness, controller and battery harness to swap the truck from 2-plug multiplex to 3 plug non-multiplex to match the plow. And the old components have trade-in/re-sale value as well.

15. Bachsta

Bachsta Junior Member

Yeah I really had to fish around for the right answer from the dealer, he kept trying to sell me a whole new plow setup and I told him that the truck has everything but two different halves. When I get the truck I'll just pay him a visit again to get a better quote.
    thanks!