1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 plug to 2 plug fleet flex

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BillyRgn, Jan 5, 2014.

1. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

So I'm looking to buy a used plow to have around as just a spare if something breaks, the trucks I have all have the 2 plug fleet flex. It seems everything I see for sale used is the 3 plug set up, is it possible to change the plow side from 3 plug to 2 plug fleet flex, if so what would I be looking at for cost.
    Thanks

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

All you should need is the power/control harness, solenoid, plow module and harness for plow module. Not sure where to find part numbers or price of plow module parts. Also not sure if the modules are the same for all the multi plex systems.

3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

if you have a existing 3 plug setup with a 3 port module all you need is the power cable 42014 and the control harness 28587

I have them if needed.

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

He's talking about converting the plow to two plug multiplex. The truck is already multiplex.

He'll need the parts that Kimber listed, but the problem is that where do you mount the stuff? The mulitplex straight blades are set up a little differently, and have covers to cover the module, relay, cables etc. It could be done, but it might be a little effort to get the stuff so that it's not out in the elements. Personally, I'd wire the truck with the control harness and battery cable you listed, and leave it wired for the three plug setup as well. Then you can run either one.

5. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Thanks guys, I was thinking the same thing about the mount and cover, might be more effort then I'm looking to put in for just a spare. I will have to keep a lookout for a cheaper fleet flex blade

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Others have added wiring setups to their trucks for both fleet flex and standard plow systems. May not be feasible if wanting to convert multiple trucks.

7. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919