1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 plug to 2 plug conversion

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rusqtsi, Nov 27, 2011.

1. rusqtsi

rusqtsi Junior Member
    from 01970

I searched the threads but could not find the answers. I hope someone here can assist.

I bought a 2003 Dodge with the truck side Fisher frame, wiring and control installed.

It has the 3 port control module with the 2 plugs for the plow.

Problem I find is that most used plows are 3 plug systems.

I have read you can convert 2 plug plows to 3 but nothing going from 3 plugs to 2.

I know buying a new plow will fix my problem but I dont have that much $$$ left.

What are my options? :dizzy:

Thanks in advanced.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you have a 3 port 2 plug then it's a multiplex system, which will operate either an Xtreme V, XLS or current production straight blade. You'd have to change/add a control and battery harness to run a 3 plug non-multiplex plow, such as an older straight blade or EZ-V.

3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

If it has an isolation module, but two plugs for the plow, it is a multiplex system. What is the control for? A straight blade, or a V-plow?

4. cubicinches

Looks like we were thinking the same thing at the same time... Lol ;)

5. rusqtsi

rusqtsi Junior Member
    from 01970

Looking at the fish stick and comparing to what I see on the fisher website, this is for a v-plow.

So at least I have a good handheld control that will operate everything.

I still like to know what I need be able to buy a used plow.

I looked at 2 MM2 plows today but they had the 3 plug system so i didnt buy.

Thanks for your assistance

6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Convert it to a 3 plug very simple.You just remove your cover from you solenoid remove the terminal connectors and plug the new ones on according to what you removed.You will also need to remove the ground from the pump and attach the new ground.For the light harness you will need to open your lights up and remove the plastic grommet that the harness goes through.You will need to splice the wires into the headlamps reinstall the grommet and close up your lights.

26359-solenoid
    28212-light harness

Where are you located?
    Welcome to plowsite!

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And how will we run a non-multiplex plow with a multiplex wired truck?

8. cubicinches

It's not a two plug relay system. It's two plug multiplex... Different animal.

9. cubicinches

Damn... You were typing faster than me again!

10. chevyzrule810

Sorry guys I was writing a response and my computer froze on me so I didn't see anyone's posts till after I wrote my response.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

All the cubes in the world won't make you quicker on the keyboard. :D

12. chevyzrule810

So which harnesses does he need?

13. rusqtsi

rusqtsi Junior Member
    from 01970

I called the guy I bought the truck from.

He had a 2010 MM2 2 plug v-plow on this truck last year. I never asked him before hand what style plow he had, just knew he had a plow on the truck.

I am still :dizzy: I hope you guys can assist.

Thanks

14. cubicinches

You can run an Extreme V, or an XLS expandable plow, or a brand new multiplex straight blade, but not any earlier three plug straight blades.

15. rusqtsi

rusqtsi Junior Member
    from 01970

so is it safe to say that any fisher 2 plug system will work? I ask because I have seen 2 to 3 year old 2 plug plows out there.

16. chevyzrule810

see if this plow is still available. I repaint plows and one of the guys I painted plows for fixes them then sends them to me to paint them so he can sell them.I'm sure if you bought this he would weld it for you.

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/pts/2717995808.html

17. cubicinches

Or you can change your control, control harness, and battery cable... then you can run a three plug straight blade... Like B&B already said, cuz he beats me to everything. :D

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No. There's more than one 2 plug system. It has to be a multiplex system as I and CI already mentioned, ie Xtreme V, XLS or current straight blade. To run anything else you have to make wring changes.

19. cubicinches

Only if it is an Extreme V V-plow, or an XLS. They use the two plug multiplex system. The current brand new production straight blades are multiplex as well, but you'd likely only find one of those brand new.

20. rusqtsi

rusqtsi Junior Member
    from 01970

Thanks BB and CI.

Another question.. How do I know is a multiplex system? since being a 2 plug system does not really tell me.

Current straight blade? from what start year?