1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 Plug Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by GSORK, Feb 14, 2009.

1. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

So what is the difference between 2 and 3 plug. which is a better system. Im looking at a used plow 8ft MM .
  2. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

deff. go with 3 plug. its a more reliable system and is now the norm ill let a more expierced person give u all the other benifits
  3. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

three plug is better and is what is on all the new plows
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

2 plug harness if its a older truck that only ran 2 relays in the harness to switch the headlights. Easier and cheaper to troubleshoot and replace/repair.

3 plug if its a newer truck. The wiring and computers in the newer trucks are "touchy" and the iso module helps without 6 relays which are a pain to troubleshoot.
  5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

6 relays? My 2 plug harness has 2 relays, one to switch to plow lights and one to power them.

I know the new computers can be touchy, but based on what's in my truck, I can remake the whole truck side harness from scratch in a couple of hours.
  6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Yup, 6 relays, had to go with 4 to get the dodges to work and 6 to get GM lights to work. Thats why everyone likes the iso mod, alot easier to plug in 3 or 4 harness' versues 30 wires into a block of relays.

If your 2 relay harness is factory western/fisher then one relay is for low beams and the other is for hight beams.

What truck are you putting this on?