1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 plug issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Dec 23, 2013.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, I am new to the fisher world. I am helping a friend out wiring and mounting his old mm1 on his truck. He had to get all new wiring and a mount for his new 05 silverado. When he was ordering stuff the guy he bought everything from told him he had to convert the plow from a 2 plug to a 3. He got new plow wiring and new truck side wiring.

The plow was real simple to switch over to the 3. Only had to change the headlights and control. No issues.

The truck on the other hand I have no idea. I have the battery cables hooked up how they are supposed to. The little BLK/ORN wire coming off the black goes to the BLK/ORN coming off the vehicle 3 pin control harness and to the solenoid. No problem got that hooked up. Off the 3 pin harness I had a good keyed ignition source. Also off this harness I have 2 plugs with 2 different fuses in each of them. (those are good and not blown) I also have a 3 plug that is not used.

I have both the B and C plugs hooked to the B and C connections on the 3 port module. I have 2 extra plugs that can go into that module. One is marked A/2 and the other is marked 1. I plugged the one marked A/2 into the A connection on the module. I also have a male and female BLK/ORG wires and one 1 plug BLK marked (com). I have the 2 BLK/ORG wires pluged into each other.

Now when we plug the plow into each of their own plugs the trucks headlights don't automatically switch over and the controller does not turn on. :realmad: I re read threw the manual 2-3 times and I believe I have everything hooked up correctly but can't get it to do anything. PLEASE HELP! I am so stumped and I am used to boss stuff. One harness for control and headlights. Real simple to me. Again I have never messed with a fisher before so I have no idea whats wrong. I also tried a different controller and nothing changed. Thanks for any help.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Have you looked at fishers website. Look under library and find your wiring diag

3. LON

LON Senior Member

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

See I think I am missing 29047.To me; I think this goes into the empty 4 pin plug behind the headlights that I don't have anything plugged into (looking at it on the manual anyway. Doesn't anyone have any pics of their setups?) I think its the "service plug" Its got 4 pins in a square plug. I believe the wires are red and black? This doesn't explain why I don't have power at the controller though. The manual I have is the one you posted. Would 29047 be the reason nothing has power?

Sorry about being kind of vague but I have no idea what the technical terms are for these plows. Thanks again guys.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  5. LON

LON Senior Member

Yes, if you don't have that harness then the controller has no power. You need that 29047 to plug #1 into the four prong plug. Hope you can find one today.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Makes sense. Will this make the headlights flip from truck to plow? Thanks.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

1 more issue

Okay guys, got the missing plug installed and the plow works great. Only issue now is the drivers side headlight doesn't work. Both the high beams work and the low works on the passenger side. All the headlight adapters on the same side and still nothing. I did dielectric grease and also the pin configuration is correct. One more thing I did was swap the bulbs around and still noting so I know the bulb is good. Fuses are all good also and the trucks low beam works. Anyone have any ideas?

8. dieselss

Well.ck for trk pwr to plow harness up to ISO mod. Then back out of ISO to plow lights. And also the gnd in and out as well

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Curious what wire(s) that would be?

10. Sounds like you might have one of the common ground connectors reversed.

11. dieselss

Trace them coming out of the headlight harness. There actually labeled