1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 plug 2006 ram 2500 no power at controller.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by RAM2500DIesEL, Dec 15, 2010.

1. RAM2500DIesEL

RAM2500DIesEL Junior Member
    from JERSEY

Ok heres the deal I installed this set up last night and this is the third of this type I have done. The first two went no problem. I use a relay to send my 12 switched power to the controller harness. This is working i have 12v at the red wire going into the controller harness but where this harness goes to the plug where the controller connects there is no power her at all. All the connections everywhere else are good so far as I know. This is a 3 port isolation module. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as im at a loss right now. The only thing i can come up with is that the harness is bad some how?

2. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

you need to have the plow on in order to get power at the controller I believe. Don't know if you did that.

3. RAM2500DIesEL

RAM2500DIesEL Junior Member
    from JERSEY

Haha No I did not do that I had no idea you needed to have the plow hooked up to the truck side. But thank you because that was the problem im just glad I didnt screw anything up...
    Thanks again.

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

U might have a problem at the plug. There might be a broken or defected wire. If you have power at the plug(were the controller plug into the harness), then you plug the controller into the harness, your problem might be in the connector. Check to see if metal tip is broken, or the wire might be broken off the tip.. And yes the plow should be hook up