1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 pin harness

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by snowman91, Sep 7, 2008.

1. the green wire on the 3 pin harness on the truck's rubber casing cracked any you can see the bare wire n the crack is rite near the plug so i taped the whole thing up for the summer and i was wondering if i should just leave it or replace the harness because i dont need it to give me problems during the winter

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Fix it now snowman as it'll only get worse.

You can buy just the end of the harness as a repair pigtail rather than replacing the entire harness if cost is an issue. Make sure you do a good job on the connections...good quality heat shrinking goes a long way.

3. how much would that cost about to do

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

3 pin repair end runs around $45....vs $170 for the entire control harness.

Westerns wiring components are not inexpensive. :gunsfiring:

5. is it difficult to do

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not at all. No different than connecting a few wires on any other electrical item. Strip, match the colors up, crimp (or solder), and heat shrink connections. Good to go... :)

7. thanks for the help n ill be able to buy the 3 pin repair end at cpw rite

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, and Western p/n 27063W is the one you want. :waving:

9. thanks B&B

10. i dont see a 27063w but i see a 27063k is that the one the description says Fisher/Western Truck Side 3 Pin E-Force Repair Harness is this the one thanks

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Same thing snowman. The "W" part is Westerns p/n...."K" just groups Western and Fisher stuff together, as much of it is the same.

12. thanks for all the help