1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 Old Project Snowmobiles

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by derekbroerse, Jan 29, 2008.

1. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

OK I know this one is pushing it a bit, but who knows, maybe you need to ride out to check on your crews working? :D

I have a bunch of old snowmobiles I don't feel like working on.

Motoski 340. White with red and blue trim. Looks like this one would run with some fresh gas and fooling around.

SkiRoule 440 Homemade black paintjob with blue pinstriping. If I recall the carb was off, but I MAY have it in a box of parts in the shed.

Polaris ??? Basket case.

Left at the rental house when they skipped out on their payment. All three used to run two winters ago, not sure what needs what now.

Will include everything snowmobile I have laying around. Including a pair of brand new, and a pair of used skis, I beleive they were for a 500cc Blizzard 5500 but would work on anything (even a ski-trailer) with a little work.

Also TWO twin sled tilting snowmobile trailers! One pretty rusty but the other not too bad. Need light repairs.

Would like to get $500 for ALL OF IT. No titles for anything, as I said, they were abandoned by people who owed a lot of money. Would like to recoup a little bit of it. Good for parts or use on private property or...?

Will take pix and get more details if there is interest.
  2. Lunarlandscape

Lunarlandscape Member

Do you have any pictures
  3. doh

doh Senior Member

I have been looking for a restorable sled, but prefferablly the RV style Blizzard 6500/7500

I missed a 245 RV 20 years ago but that is another storey
  4. derekbroerse

I think they're very restorable. I used to have an Olympique 399 that I swiped all the running gear to build into a TNT 292 (with the 399 engine), which later gave way to a much more powerful JLO400 engine... that thing was awesome and dead reliable.

I'll get some pix tomorrow then. Would really like to get them to a good home.
  5. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Would be guard at Bridge from Canada to USA would deny this? I heard they require something to prove you not steal or sneak them.

I have see something and want to get from them but one person told me not worth to try without caught by guard at bridge.
  6. derekbroerse

I'm sure if I gave you a bill of sale stating they are to be used as parts only it wouldn't be a big deal, they're old. The bill could specify they were abandoned.

They just don't want stolen stuff. Its not like its a new Lexus or something.

I'll leave the transportation up to you. Obviously it would be less of a problem within Canada for that reason. But I doubt they'd care much. Could even dismantle them a little further so they don't look complete or fixable.