1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 mode Feniex Cannon Question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by FARTKNOCKER, Dec 3, 2014.

1. FARTKNOCKER

FARTKNOCKER Junior Member
    from Mass

Has anyone replaced their stop, turn and taillight on a 08+ Super Duty with the Feniex Cannons?

Am I gonna need to wire in a resistor to drop voltage for the Taillight function? And am I gonna have issues with a rapid flash directional?

I already have a strobe tube 1" hole in the STT portion of the assembly Maybe I should just mount the cannon in there and call it a day?

I'm definitely gonna replace the reverse light with a cannon and have 2 modes for that.

2. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

You can buy the cannon with the stop, tail, turn function which will negate the need for any type of resistor. I can't say for sure, but I would imagine that the '08 shouldn't be bothered by the difference in the resistance to set off the rapid flash. With that said, if you already have a hole for the hide a way, use the hole. IMO

3. FARTKNOCKER

from Mass

I just happen to look at the SIRENWORLD description of the Cannon and it shows the 3 mode with the Brake, Tail and Turn option. Strobes n more does not appear to have that option. OR they need to update their description. Damn. And I already bought from them too.

4. Tom@AWL

Tom@AWL Inactive

5. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Don't worry we only carry the latest model so you should be fine.

6. igotdiesel2

igotdiesel2 Junior Member

Reading the discription of the fenix cannon on your webpage it says you shouldn't run these on steady burn for more than a couple of minuets. How can you use these as tail/parking lights? Am I missing something? I'm interested in these strobes and I really don't want to drill extra holes in my lights if I don't have to. -Jason

7. Gibby515

Gibby515 Junior Member

I just bought some all white 3 mode cannons to replace my reverse lights, and in the steady burn mode, all 12 Led's light up for about 3 sec,'s, then it goes down to only 6 LED's. I calked Feniex and they said the engineers programned them that way because they are concerned about them over heating in steady burn mode if left on too long. 3 sec.'s? Whats the point? I could understand if it were a couple minutes, but what good does 3 sec.'s of 12 LED's do? I wanted the additional back up lighting, and granted they are much brighter than the OEM bulbs provided, but bummed that all 12 LED's wont stay on for reverse.

8. FARTKNOCKER

from Mass

Oh geez.. That's a bummer. But good to know.

9. R1lukasz

R1lukasz Member
    from Chicago

so will feniex work as tail/brake light ? I was actualy thinking of one cannon white/amber in reverse and one cannon in red in tail.

10. FARTKNOCKER

from Mass

It will. BUT.. You have to wire in a capacitor for Dim mode.
    (Taillight). I'm gonna do the same with the reverse lights. But haven't decided if I'm gonna replace the OEM brake light bulb and housing with the cannons. Hopefully Feniex will build "DIM MODE" into the flasher unit.

If I were you.. I would just drill a separate hole in the brake light housing and install a cannon for warning mode only.

11. CoastalEVS

CoastalEVS Sponsor
    from NJ

Yes, you would have to wire a resistor to the feed of the tail mode to dim it down. This is not that popular, especially as compared to installing Cannon's in place of the reverse lights. Personally I would drill a new hole for the tail light, and replace the reverse lights with the Cannon's.