1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 machines. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by farbio, Oct 11, 2008.

1. farbio

farbio Junior Member
    from NW

Okay, I am new to snow plowing. We have always subbed it out in the past. I am going to ease into it to keep some foreman busy in the winter.

I am going to put a plow on one of my trucks but I want to utilize my SS's if possible. I have a few accounts that I could leave a machine onsite. I own two 40xt's and a TL130. What one would work best for small to medium sized jobs? Here are a few questions I have:

Traction for 40xt's?
    Is plowing hard on tracks? (they are expenive!!) (slick on slopes)
    Plow size?
    Box or V?
  2. dirtdoctor

dirtdoctor Junior Member
    from cuba mo

i just joined plow site today so iam a little new for the past two years i subbed my machine and operator out to my friend and i drove one of his plow trucks i love plowing with my cat 246B, it may be a little slower on a big lot but it was so handy be able to backdrag and really make a lot look good
  3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

The TL 130 is not going to be your favorite plow rig! But thier are snow tracks out know so check them out, Polar Tread by Bridgestone. The 40 xt is a nice machine my friend used my rsc 10 foot compact pusher on it and it did a good job with regular SS tires on it.

As far as the 130 goes I have a JD 322 and the track wear was not as bad as I thought it would be.
  4. farbio

farbio Junior Member
    from NW

Thanks for the reply Mike. You answered exactly what I needed to know. I think I will keep the Tl130 in the shop this year. I just replaced the tracks and they are ridiculous. I thinks I will get a plow for both my 40xt's and 1 truck to get my feet wet this winter. My equipment dealer carries Boss plows for trucks. Not sure on the SS plows.

Do you have any suggestions on plow attachments for the SS's? Brand, size, type, etc.