1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 Lots, same site Please divide - SEE PIC

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MatthewG, Sep 16, 2014.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I do all the mowing for this site, one property but different businesses.

The owner wants me to break it up, I do not do such small lots.....

The total on all three would be .76 acres, honestly this could all be plowed in 1 hour on a 2" storm with a 2015 F350/XLS

The sidewalks are highlighted in orange and must also be shoveled and salted

My question is by breaking it up I will be charging more, am I out of line by starting the left two at $150 and the right one at $200 (more roadside sidewalk) ???

Total to start plowing all 3 is $500, the salt rate for bulk and sidewalk blend is $475 total of a half ton and 5-6 bags

All the other pavement behind these 4 buildings will be done by the tenant themselves

Thank you:waving:

3 sites.jpg

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I know that they would never go for those prices around here. Are you saying for 1000 pounds of salt and 5-6 bags of ice melt, you'd charge $475? That is high.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Ask what happen to the guy from last year.If they said a bad job I'd bump the price up more. As for salt ^^^

4. grandview

But then a again,I'd be around 7k plus salt for the season.

5. MatthewG

How about this, forget the salt, does $150 sound reasonable to start plowing just one of those lots?

6. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

No thats not reasonable.

You have 1200+ posts and you are asking for pricing help on a lot of this size? I'm a bit confused?

7. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Would that be for all three?

8. northernsweeper

If its being split up, where in the heck is the snow supposed to go, from the little lots in red??

9. MatthewG

I'm asking because as I said I don't do these tiny lots, I'm used to 5-15 acre sites

10. MatthewG

Straight back I suppose

11. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Those prices would be high around here

12. northernsweeper

Same here. I would think 100 each, for the blue and yellow lots, and mabey 75 for the lots in red, provided there is a place to put the snow.

13. grandview

yesThumbs Up

14. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, your high. For a 2-4 inch push you're talking like $75 each. Maybe $50 each salt, or you'll be out to lunch.

15. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I agree you are high. $200 for the one on the right because of a walk near the road? That whole place on the right should be $150 max IMO, salt not included. I know those roadside walks are more work sometimes, but not always, depends what you use to clear them.

I guess if you can get it for those prices then good for you.

16. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

If All I did was big lots I wouldn't mess with these little lots

For the price $150 for all 3 per visit spilt 3 ways But if $150 is for one of them I think your high but maybe in your area that's going rate

17. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Agreed......

18. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

are they close to your other places? or outta the way? how long do they take to pay?
    My numbers split up with be 250 per push per building if they bundle them together 450-500. the salt numbers are spot on where i would be

19. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Here's a prime example of numbers being completely different around the country. If I turned in a price of almost a grand to plow 3/4 of an acre and salt with a few walks mixed in they would throw me out of the place :eek:

20. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

I agree but the prices here are based off of traffic= liability and a 5000 insurance nutt to cover whether it snows or not. it sucks being in a sue happy market how much do you guys pay for insurance in normal places?