1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 inches of snow, town plow passed 4 times

Discussion in 'Weather' started by BSM Exhaust, Dec 5, 2009.

1. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

Were in the middle of a 3-5" storm and we have about 3" so far, one of the town plow trucks has been by 4 times so far. Seems like a waste.

2. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

4 times ,,wow

3. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

and if they didnt pass ur street once you would be mad....seems like a lose lose situation

4. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

Once would have done the job, why pay these guys to make sparks. Another reason my taxes are so high.

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Same thing with us last year, our house is on a side street and last year the city plows were by every 3 inch storm at least 2 or 3 times. I thought wow did a council person move into the area or something. Yeah, that lasted for about 3 storms, then it was maybe a day or two AFTER a storm when they finally went through. Right after everything was nice and rutted up! :mad:

6. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

we need to make the roads safe so all of you can go out and hoard up all the milk and bread :laughing:

7. KrisR

KrisR Member
    from NH

i think its a new hampshire thing

8. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

My thought is the town guys get time and a half, and its before xmas. There like everyone on this site full of pizz and vinegar to make money!!!!

9. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

i wish it were true about time and a half before christmas

when in reality its all about....liability .