1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 inch body lift

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I am going to do one on my 00 2500. I am torn between the performance accessories one for $327 or the Summit brand one for $270. There doesnt seem to be any difference what so ever between the 2 other than a few bucks. Is there any tips or anything to watch out for when I do it? I did one on my 94 2500 and I know that was a whole different animal compared to the newer truck. I know it will prolly take a good part of the whole day to do too. Im glad summit is only a 45 minute drive from my house:) And the parts stores are only 5. Im sick of my 2500 looking so small compared to the 250's and what not. Weird thing is it sits as high as an HD. I thought they were 2 inches higher than the regular 2500's?

Cool ! nothin like a lifted 4x4. I never did a body lift so no advice, except are you goin to put some type of sheild cover to hide all the gaps that will be exposed like in the rear wheel wells and above the bumpers also you might lose a little percentage of you cooling capacity if you have belt drive fan as your radiator wont line up with the fan as well as it used to
  3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

I have a 3" summit body lift on my 99. The quality is great and I havent had any problems with it. As mentioned earlier make sure you get a set of gap guards they are expensive but well worth it in my opinion. Also more of the frame is exposed from the side so I would recomend spraying some undercoating on the frame to clean it up a bit.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Since you have experience with installing a BL before on your '94, you'll have no problems with your '00. Couple extra wiring harness's you'll need to check for proper length but other than that, it's standard procedure. Won't even have to deal with any T-case shift linkage since your truck is push button 4X4. Column shifter is cable operated as well so those two small items actually make it easier on the later model truck.

Go with the Summit brand BL over the Performance Accessory brand...same kit, your simply paying for the PA name.
  5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Cool thanks so much guys!!!!!!!!:waving: I will have pics as soon as I go get the kit and install it. Cant wait for the truck to sit a little higher. Then I will have to pop on some 285 BFG's to help fill the fenderwells some. I will have some other goodies on it too after that trip to Summit as well;)
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It will look and feel like a new truck, can't wait to see the before and after pics.:drinkup:
  7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

It sure wont look like a new truck, LOL. Got a few too many dents and scratches for that. But the 03-07 tail lights sure do help though.
  8. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

how did it turn out? did you get any pics? i have a 93 ec/sb that i want to do the same thing to .
  9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

No I didnt do it. I am going to get a few other things done on it now that are alot more necessary, lol. It is still in the plans to get done this year though:bluebounc