1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 holes????

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jeremy85, Nov 14, 2008.

1. jeremy85

jeremy85 Member
    from nh

Where the plow mounts to the lower frame, it has the 3 sets of holes, upper middle and lower.
    What is the useful purpose of having this mounting point adjustment?
    Which holes do you you guys use and why?

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I assume you are speaking about the Fisher A Frame where it connects to the Lower headgear?

3. RepoMan207

from Maine

If so, the reasoning behind it is for height differences of your vehicle........No truck manufacture is going to be exactly the same height...so this is Fishers idea of compensation.

You want your A fram to be level when it is on the ground, most cases this is your middle hole.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure why he'd ask a Fisher question...in the Meyer forum. :D

The three mounting pin holes are provided so you have some rear height adjustment for the A-frame because you want the A-frame to be parallel to the ground, so you use whichever set of holes you need to in order to get it parallel.

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

.......haha. Opps

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

when i had my meyers i used the middle one

7. jeremy85

jeremy85 Member
    from nh

do you think I'm an idiot or are you drunk repo :drinkup:
    i have a MEYERS, not a fisher, hence I'm in the Meyers forum
    the holes aren't on the A frame like a fisher
    they are on the truck frame
    [​IMG]

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Although I was tipping a few last night.....Keep it up Jeremy.

I suppose you didn't see the Opps post.....right? I suppose that would be hypercritical where I already said I screwed up?

I tend to check "New Posts" rather the scanning forums, and simply didn' t look. Fishers have the same feature, however it is located were the A frame & the headgear FRAME meet. So yes, it would still apply to the answer now wouldn't it. :nod:

By the way, welcome to PLOWSITE....sincerely. :waving:

9. jeremy85

jeremy85 Member
    from nh

no worrys
    thanks man:D

10. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

In a perect world the a frame should be even with the ground but to get a better attack angle you can use these holes to adjust the angle of the plow. Yes it does put more pressure on the frame but you can get better down force.