1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 Choices

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by CountryBoy72, Jan 19, 2009.

1. CountryBoy72

CountryBoy72 Member

Which one would you guys suggest ? Blizzard 860 Speedwing ,Blizzard 810 Power Plow or a Sno Way 28V ( If he can find one at another dealer in North America) ? I like the V because I can get into tighter/narrower spots (more for residential driveways) and the fact it has the down pressure feature. Might do a few small lots but mostly long drives and 30'-40' residential driveways.The V isn't to big and has more plowing positions.The Blizzards are both nice just not sure I need the extra hydraulics/weight of the Power Plow. More parts to break too. The Speed Wing with the spring actuated wings is easier to fix if it breaks. Dealer is close but, not that close an so simplicity could be better. I had myself convinced that I would put it on my 97 F250 Diesel. But decided to go with the '08 CC Chevy SRW 3500 instead. The price isn't really a determing factor. Efficiency, not to big for intended uses, reliability are some pretty important determing factors.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Wow...you have some mighty nice plows picked out...

Personally I would go with the better dealer..

The down-pressure of a Sno-way would work best for your drives, with all the backdragging involved...

But on a larger lot...an 860 or an 810 will move the snow faster.

Hard choice...

IMO-you couldn't go wrong with any of those plows you have picked out.

good choice with the SRW for plowing.
  3. CountryBoy72

CountryBoy72 Member

Same dealer, Great customer service is why I picked him. Now if one plow could come out the clear winner or I will work the best for your needs. Life would be so much simpler. Trying not to make a bad choice the first time around ?
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I would rather have a hydraulic wing plow than a V-plow.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Go with the Sno-Way. I have the 28V and love it.
    I do resi's and also commercial.
  6. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

V's are nice for doing long drives. If you have a bunch of parking lots, then you would probably like one of the Blizzards better.
  7. CountryBoy72

CountryBoy72 Member

Any of you CDN Boys know of any Blizzard dealers with an 810 Power Plow or an 860 Speed Wing in stock ? What are they asking for the plow ?
  8. CountryBoy72

CountryBoy72 Member

Monday, They'll be ordering a new 810 PP for me. Can't wait for it to arrive and hopefully the snow holds off for 10 days or so. Never thought I would ask for it not to snow. lol
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009