1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3" body lift, steering shaft problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by okhorseman04, Jan 2, 2005.

1. okhorseman04

okhorseman04 Junior Member
    from usa

put a 3" body lift on a 85 chevy truck, 2wd. and having a pop when turning. i think the steering shaft is binding. is there a site out there. that can help me finding a steering shaft that will work. needing one with u-joints on both ends of steering shaft. thanks
  2. PackRat

PackRat Member
    from Kansas

The best answer, and probably the most expensive, would be to get a setup from Borgesen. They have all the cool gadgets for steering. You can get either DD style, or splined, polished, or satin, and they are rebuildable.

When I put the power steering on my 49 1 1/2t wrecker, I built my own, from Astro van pieces. You better be a good welder. Steering is nothing for amateurs to play with.
  3. okhorseman04

okhorseman04 Junior Member
    from usa

thanks for the fast reply. i will try the borgensen. I do weld so may try to find an astro van steering shaft too.