1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3"- 6" on Thurs.. (Yeah right!)

Discussion in 'Weather' started by JPLTrucking, Feb 28, 2006.

1. JPLTrucking

JPLTrucking Member

Fox 25 is saying that the storm on Thursday for MA will dump 3"-6". Haven't we heard that before? Oh yeah, just 3 days ago. :dizzy:

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Said the same thing here, we'll see.

3. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

looks like it is going to go south from what i just saw this morning still a possibility for an inch or two.
    Evan

4. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

Haven't we learned our lesson yet? if they say 6" it means 2". with this one we will be lucky if we get a couple of inches.

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I've heard a slushy/icy inch. We'll see!:rolleyes:

6. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

I bet we will have to get out rain coats for this one.

7. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Channel 30 news in Conn at 5 pm today said plowable snow for most of Ct so you should be pretty safe in Mass.

8. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

looks to be the real thing

Forecast for us, moderate snowfall thursday into thursday night. Thank god for xm satellite radio. Yes it's that good!:drinkup:

9. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

I think it will be plowable but i couldnt down load the satellite video online so i cant say to much for hamden conn. we need a couple of 4''ers more for this sad winter. I took my plow off last mon to spite the 'storm' even though it was coming toward us.Now for this storm im going to put it on though.

10. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Right now they are only calling for an inch on the north shore, its going to go south!!! :angry: :dizzy: :mad:

11. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Mystic--they said this am that the northshore and northern MA and SNH 3-6" in quick and out, because it's a clipper--- I wish I could be wrong all the time and get paid the big bucks!!!!!!!!!! Sat's was a bummer---thought we were getting like 5-10" @ 6am forcast got all excited for little over 2" @ 7pm

12. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

NOAA is saying 4-8" possible here in Northern, NJ...we'll see payup

13. bostonBob

bostonBob Junior Member

Looks like RI and Ct will get all the snow ....... Leaf blower time in Ma again.
    Ch 7 Boston saying 1 to 3 in most of Ma. They could be WRONG, Right???:dizzy:

14. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

they are probably wrong, it will actually be sunny....I'm ready for spring!

15. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I hear 1-3 on the south shore and maybe a dusting to 1 and you head up from the pike. I bet we get nothing. It is only a 70% chance of snow anyways. I just wish the weather would make up its mind, winter or spring!

16. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

NOAA is still saying 4-8" likely here in Northern, NJ, with a 100% chance of snow tomorrow. Hopefully it really happens, though I wouldn't be at all surprised if they change the forecast and it turns to all rain :confused:

17. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I dont know where you heard that but this one is another miss it looks like. :(

18. cha-chas plowin

cha-chas plowin Member

snow

mayby thay will be correct this time :D :gunsfiring:

19. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

dud for boston !

This system coming through tomorrow looks like a dud for us, a couple inches maximum! Good, its time to bury the plows and dig out the sprayers! :cool:

20. Stan

Stan Senior Member

4-8" expected here.