1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3/4 Ton Sport Bumper Notching

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Rgory, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Rgory

Rgory Member

Hello, I have a 2001 3/4 Ton sport QC with the long bed running the 5.9 360 Gas engine. The sport bumpers hang a little lower, and on Westerns Website they say that bumper notching is going to be required for both the Ultra and Uni's. I am trying to get an idea of how bad you gotta notch. Anyone have any pictures. I am looking for a 8' pro Western Uni or Ultra. Anyone have any opinions either way, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks & Happy Plowing.

2. dodge rammin

dodge rammin Member

If you get Western's new ultramount system you will have to notch two places out where the brackets come out from under the truck, mine I had to notch about 1" up into the bumper and about 4-5" wide for both sides, no big deal really, and the recievers come off when you aren't using the plow and I can't even tell the bracket notches are there unless I look. My truck is mint condition and I baby it so I thought the same thing as you are when I seen that I had to notch the bumper. I promise it isn't a big deal though! I will try to get a picture of it posted for you tomarrow, it is to dark right now! Hope I helped some.
  3. Rgory

Rgory Member

Thanks. I hear you on the babying part. The truck is made to work; but is also my first big investment so it is worked delicately. Yeah pics would be great but I am glad to hear its no big deal.

4. ramit

ramit Junior Member

I have a 99 QC sport and i did not notch mine and it works fine. Mind you i am running oversize tires so i still got 9 inches. I put a 2 inch lift in the front and it is even better now.Mine is a unimount.No way i was hacking my truck up. :nono:
  5. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

You can see what I have. No notching needed with the Boss plow. You do what you want, but I wouldn't be in favor of notching. It's personal preference, but it seems to me that if you can buy a plow which will mount without having to hack up your rig, then that'd be the way to go.