1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3/4 Ton Questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 86burban, Jun 28, 2005.

1. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

Hi,

I have a 99 suburban that I just got. Its a 2500 with a 454 and 4 wheel drive. Its really clean with 125 k on it. Im looking at putting a set of tires on it, but the choices for it are fairly limited. It has those god-forsaken 16.5" rims. Im looking at getting a set of wheels and tires for it and I like the choices of 16" rims. Will they fit? Or do I have to get 16.5 or bigger?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

If this thing is a '99 it should have 16" rims. Gm stopped using 16.5" rims by the early 80s. I would replace rims. You should be able to find factory take offs for 200 or less.

3. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

If it makes any difference, I had put a set of 16" wheels on my '73 C20. It had the big brakes and I never had any clearance issues, so as far as I know there are no issues on GM trucks with fitments.
    If it's an 8-lug you can put them on. (As long as it's not a Ford rim-they did something funky with the bolt patten when they went to 17s.