1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3:39 p.m. and snowing in Ct.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSno, Apr 7, 2003.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Now that I've spent three days pulling out all my winter stuff again I should get some ZZZZZZZZZsss Snowing pretty good here in Wallingford.:drinkup:

2. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Nothing here as of yet. Was supposed to start around 3pm was what they had said. Not like they ever get it right anyway.:D

Dan

3. lm116

lm116 Junior Member

Coming down at a good rate here in Newington, but not sticking to asphalt yet.

4. bwamx

bwamx Member

Like I said Yesterday We'll see :rolleyes:

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE UPTON NY
    420 PM EDT MON APR 7 2003

...THE WINTER STORM WARNING HAS BEEN DOWNGRADED TO A WINTER WEATHER
    ADVISORY UNTIL AROUND MIDNIGHT...
    OCCASIONAL SNOW WILL CONTINUE THIS EVENING BEFORE TAPERING OFF
    AROUND MIDNIGHT. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 3 TO POSSIBLY 6 INCHES IS EXPECTED

Look's Like we might not even have to PLOW.

BUT
    Tuesday night. Mostly cloudy until midnight. Then snow developing after midnight. Up to 2 inches of accumulation is possible

Wednesday. Snow likely. Additional accumulation possible.
    Continued cold

Oh Well Maybe
    :waving:
    Bob

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

its not sticking at all....i think this is gonna be one of those storms that wasnt.

6. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

5:20
    barely a slush on the road here in Fairfield

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

just saw the weather. they downgraded it big time. i dont even think its gonna be plowable....... looks like 3 inches in hartford area... mainly grassy surfaces.... whohoooo. shouldnt have hooked the plow up... now i drove around and got it dirty

8. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I didn't hook up the plow at all

Just barely got two inches on the grassy areas and cartops. Most of the drives and lots were warm enough to keep the snow from sticking.

So I'm glad I didn't waste my time putting the plow back on.

But we did get to salt a few commercial accounts with all the freezing drizzle we got overnight.

I just knew that they were gonna be wrong again... Like Ol' Wllie Shakespeare once wrote it "T'was Much Ado about Nothing"

9. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Sunday i went to where i store my plow and put it back on. I figured i'd rather be safe than sorry.

The snow stuck to the road and after the town plows came by, it stopped sticking for about half an hour. In backcountry greenwich we ended up with around 1-2" of slush on the roads. This storm was another one that didn't turn out to be what it was supposed to be. It just proved who was ready for another snow event in april.

I did get to plow one parking lot though because of a possible freeze over.

Bryan

10. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Sounds like Long Island got the worst of this one on the East coast. Would not have minded plowing but I was able o get a lot of other work done yesterday as we sat waiting for the snow to collect.

11. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

we got 6" yesturday. Started around 10:30 and we where plowing by 11:30. Nice storm, we did all the coperate centers (oviously) and all the rest of the commercials and all the residentials exept the gravel drives. It's not melting to fast either so looks like we lost a whole week of landscape work becuase of this.