1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3.25 acres or 141,323 sq ft in heavy snow area near Buffalo, NY

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Going Commercial, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Going Commercial

Going Commercial Member

Seasonal contract to bid on for 3.25 acre lot with some minor obstacles. Business runs 3 shifts 7 days / week. Cars alternate parking in lot by the shift they work so may have to be serviced 2 times per day. How much for the season and per push. No salting required. They also have 1376 sq ft of sidewalk to snowblow. Can I do this with two 3/4 ton pickup trucks and how long do you think it will take. They have a 2 inch trigger request. How should I set this up? Thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You said your in the Boston/Colden area and they get a lot of snow. You'd be better off with a loader and push box. If they get a 12 incher overnight you'll never get done. Without looking total truck time 4 hrs. Any satellite pixs?

Just looking up the ave. snow total. If I read it right you have an ave .of 148 inches a yr. That's a lot for just to trucks.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  3. Going Commercial

Going Commercial Member

The property is in Orchard Park. Where do you find the info on the yearly snowfall averages for a specific area, I have not found that in any searches. I also don't know how to get satelite pics or how to post them. The computer is not very user friendly to me yet.

4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

to get sat pics just go to http://maps.live.com/ and enter the address. now zoom in on the place. Then right click and save the picture to you computer.

Then go to www.photobucket.com and create a free account. upload the picture to there.

Then come back here and post the link to the photo located at photobucket.

its pretty simple once ya do it once.

5. Going Commercial

Going Commercial Member

I got the picture from satelite and opened account with photobucket but it does not let you save the picture. Maybe I am not doing this correctly. I can give the link but then it opens the doors for the competition to bid.

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

you just upload the picture to photobucket. (before you upload it you can edit out the lat/longitude if your worried)

After it is uploaded, it gives you 4 links to that pic, you want to copy/paste the bottom link here into a message.
    Then the pic will show up here.

7. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

noaa.gov has weather maps for our area. it will give average snowfalls for the past 50 years