1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2x4

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by Bradlamby, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Bradlamby

Bradlamby Junior Member

A Friend was wondering how well it would work on his 2x4 f 150 pick up? does not have alot to do but he sed he was sick of snowplowing? any info would help him out thanks guys.

2. Voyager AL

Voyager AL Member

Just my opinion, but with enuf ballast for traction, it should work IF ya dont try to push a foot at a time. We have alot of 2wd DOT trucks here, that do well. They plow every 3 inches or so. JMHO AL

3. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Yeah, large trucks plow great. I use a tractor that is 2wd WITHOUT tire chains and wheel weights and can push up to 20 inches or so, depending on the weight of the snow..

With chains on, I've literally pushed 38" (it was going way over the blade!).

Most Highway/State trucks are 2wd, and many have wing plows. My town h as all 2wd Ford and International dump trucks with front and wing plows and they plow great, even on steep hills. Never get stuck.

4. Bradlamby

Bradlamby Junior Member

does not have alot to do but he sed he was sick of snowplowing?

Sorry he sed he was sick of snow blowing. that was my bad.
    do you think he should go with a snow sport? if he get enuf traction from the right amount of ballast?