1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2x Or 1.5

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by DAZ982500, Mar 3, 2006.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

Received between 6-9" in my service area yesterday.I went through the route and needed to return to 5 customers,my call, again to clean up.I work on a per push basis 3" trigger.I waited until 80% of storm was over then started.I have 25 places the first 5 needed to be completed again.My thoughts would be to charge 2x,however, I do not have an agreement on this so 1.5 my be more acceptable.I probably should call them an inquire, this never works to my favor.For all thouse who have seasonal contracts I only wish I had these,not to many go for that around southern N.Y. residential customers anyway.Dave
  2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

If it was your call you may end up pissing off the customer by charging them for it with out talking to them first! I know I wouldn't be happy about paying twice if it was never explained to me, however you did the work so you should be paid.
  3. westwind

westwind Member

I would bill them, and deal with the the ones that grip. small amount of customers, not too much of a worry.JMO
  4. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

If you were there, you should bill them. You have a 3" trigger, you acted on 3" or more, and you had to come back because it kept snowing. I tell my customers that I just can't get them all done in the last hour before they all have to open up for work. Some get done early and some just before business. You have a liviing to make also. If you went into walmart and bought 2 shirts, typically they don't give you 1/2 off the second shirt.