1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2WD used municipal plow truck?? Go for it??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SpruceLandscape, Aug 28, 2007.

1. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

Hey guys, I've put a bid in on a 95 ford f-350 dump 2wd with a beat up ol' meyer on it. If I get it, it will be a pretty good price, so it will at least come in hand for this next landscaping year. But, should I even bother relying on it for plowing?? I don't salt, so putting a few ton of that in the back is out of the question for traction, although I suppose I could put a ton or so of gravel back there for $20 and call it a day if I need to. Its got central hydraulics that work the dump bed AND the plow. City guys said it worked great, anyone else ever have experience with a setup like that? Anyways, just looking for some input before I get excited about getting a REALLY cheap plow truck lol. Thanks
  2. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Cheap would be the key word and reliability. I dont know if I would rely on it, but as an option you can probably go to the town highway barn, and they will put that stone you were talking about in the back of the truck for you, and when the storm is over, you can go over there and dump it back out. That might get old after a while though. Is it gas or diesel, auto or manual? Not like 2wd's should be relied heavily on though as a dependable plow truck.