1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2wd tranny to 4wd tranny

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sperts, Apr 1, 2006.

1. sperts

sperts Junior Member

hi first time user i have a two wheel drive tranny 700r4 and i am wondering if i can use it in my four wheel drive truck both chevy half tons and both 700r4 i am looking underneath and it looks like the tail shaft of the two are not the same ? is there a way i can change this or is it a huge undertaking in which case i may be better off too sell the 2wd and buy a new 700r4 4x4?thanks in advance

2. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

u half to tare the 4wd one and the 2wd all apart just to get the tailshafts out

3. sperts

sperts Junior Member

thanks i kind of thought it would be too much i will prob sell it and just look for a replacement I have a couple b.o.p also and maybe i could work a trade with a local tranny shop. this is a nice site i will use it often see you later. sperts

4. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

where in the up are u

5. sperts

sperts Junior Member

Ontonagon Mi. I think i will just sell the two wheel drive . my plow truck tranny feels like it is starting to go so i will be looking for a replacement before snow next winter. i only plow 5 or 6 spots regularly but after our last storm 20 inches i got a lot of calls and need the truck running well. i have th350 and th400 but the same prob would apply to them as well.

6. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Contact you local trans guy. I bet he would charge a reasonable $ to do the swap and go through it to make sure it is all good.