1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2WD plowing anyone??????

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by GreenmanCT, Nov 17, 2008.

1. GreenmanCT

GreenmanCT Junior Member
    from CT

Hey guys, im obviously new to the forum, found it through lawnsite.

SO my question is, have any of you you guys plowed in a 2wd truck, or just use 2wd when plowing, Im starting to get more snowblowing accounts then i can handle, so i was wondering if a plow would work out on my 04 gmc 1500 2wd. I thought it might be feasible on a relatively flat driveways, but i would appreciate input from you all.

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

This has been discussed numerous times on the site.

P.S. The simple answer is NO!
  3. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

The site has a search feature? Are you sure?

1 ton dually is about the only 2 wheel drive truck I would even think about putting a plow on. And even at that point I would question doing it.
  4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Yes this site has a search feature. Throw a plow on it and you'll find out.
  5. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

a dead horse? haha

not a good idea, just a big head ache IMO

i cant even get out of my driveway in 2wd...thats with 650lbs and double studded BFG snow tirees.
  6. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

easy fix, sell your 2wd and buy a 4x4 from the money you get from it. i plow in 2wd 90% if the time with no problems but that doesnt mean anything. if i have a good push i need 4x4 to keep the trucks ass end in a striaght line. i run 800 pounds of ballast in the back as well. unless like everyone has said a million times before, unless you have drw truck ie 1 ton, then its not possible.
  7. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

where are you from by the way