1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2wd backhoe how good are they with push boxes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by windrowsnow, Sep 7, 2008.

1. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

looking through local government auction sites and i notice they have a few 2wd back hoes going to go through the ring how would these doing pushing snow?

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

will not work very well, dont waste your money

3. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Yes don't waste your money on a 2wd hoe get it 4wd I own a 580 super m series 2 2008 and I run a 10 foot box and also have a horst 10 foot pusher and believe me if it was 2wd I would just stay there,might get it going a bit but once the blabe or box gets full that would be it,fluffy stuff would be easier to get around with but really not ideal.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  4. windrowsnow

from nw ohio

the large account i just bid on had a 2wd with duals and a loader moving a 14' protech im assuming it will be just like the 2wd hoe? there is also a 4wd dresser loader that is going to run through as well as a 1999 f750 extended cab 10' heil dump and meyer snow plow....what would anyone guess the 750 is worth only 15,0000 miles

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i really dont know how to explain it but a 2wd backhoe is a completly animal than a 2wd ag tractor

i doubt the 2wd drive ag tractor is that great either

6. windrowsnow

from nw ohio

i would of thought not either lol you get a heavy wet snow your not moving any snow with 2wd and a 14' box