1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2w,3w,4w Coils Western MVP?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dstosh, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I took all the Coils and valves out of my ultra mount mvp (older 3 wire style/10 pin round plug controller) to clean and try and diagnose a different issue.

I set all of the coils to the side thinking that they were all the same. I went to re install them and realized they have different markings on the inside cover. How do i tell the difference in these so I can get this thing back together?

Thanks

2. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

3. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

I should've mentioned the valve numbers are marked on the hex of the valve cartridges.

4. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I looked at mechanics guide. I still cant figure it out.

How do i know what black coils ( im not sure what they are really called) go where?

See how the covers show them with a 2w or 3w or 4w? They all appear the same no different part numbers or anything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The coils themselves are all the same, just the valve cartraiges that are different. So iff your valves are in then it's just a matter of putting a coil on each and then conecting the appropriate color wire to those coils. Keep in mind that the orientation of the coils is important. Some coils need to be rotated so they fit into a recess while others just have to be positioned where the cover will fit over them without hitting the spade connectors.

6. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I knew the orentation mattered, thats why I waited to put the whole unit back on the plow. Thanks for the info. I'll try and put it back together tomorrow.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012