1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2nd try at remote start

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Bad Luck, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

They ripped it all out and did it again. The first pic is why you never go to best buy...2nd time they didn't put it back on again. Now you see why I was cursing the world yesterday.

2. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Now you know why I do all my own work :)

I have heard stories of installers just using zip locks to hold wires on when installing remote starters I would look out.
    I have installed a few and the last one I installed has more options then more cars have and 1/4 mile range.
  3. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

You are a very brave man letting anyone at best buy even go near your truck with tools:dizzy:
  4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

damn ive only ever had 1 cd player installed in a truck i had once from best buy .. and they never did that to my truck ... and if would have .. someone would have to have some plastic sugery to get my boot out of his rear end ..... thats why i do most of my own work ..
  5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Remote starters are traditionally a pain in the butt, even if you have some basic car electrical knowledge. Best Buy is not the place to go, I typically get mine from Auto Ameristar type stores here in Mi, they specialize in car stereo's and truck type equipment, every time I have my remote start takin' out of one truck the same guy re-installs it in the new truck, so I guess I'm pretty lucky cause he knows what has to happen.

Good Luck my friend !!
  6. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

Vehicle Schematics

I cam across a website from some co that makes alarms I think, it had a reference that told you where EVERY wire is, that is required for alarms, etc...

I know I have it in my favorites, but I've got a huge favorite list.
    If anyone knows the site, please post it. It would likely help some on here.

If no one knows of it, I'll dig up the url.
  7. ynot_5_0

ynot_5_0 Member

Sorry for your loss....Is best buy going to make good on this??? You need to get this type work done at an auto image/security/sound specialty shop. I've had 2 Viper remote starts installed and you can't even notice any work has been done except the small antenna that is on the windshield next to the rear view mirror.
  8. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

That sucks, but sorry to say, what did you expect from best buy. Best buy is like the Tacobell, KFC, etc etc. of restraunts (if you can even call them that).

Heck even some of the car audio and accessory places I wont even touch (ex. Mickey shore).