1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2nd Plow Rig.. no more killing my 1500

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by getsum, Jan 10, 2013.

1. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

Picked this baby up for a bit over 2k
    Hydraulic Fisher 9ft plow, only down side is its a Gasoline v8
    A little putty, little paint will make er what she aint :mechanic:
    going in next week to do the cab over then the dump payup

1356457505215.jpg

3Lb3F53N35I95Nf5J2cc9d81f9ca54397130b.jpg

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Wanna sell it payup

3. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

lol naa got big plans for her

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

I can give you $1500 for it.

5. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

You did good. If you bought that in Minnesota you would have paid thirty grand for it...

6. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

I was waiting for you to chime in and say you could buy a truck like that for a grand.:) This is highly unusually as nobody has bashed his truck yet. That seems to be the trend lately, so you must have made a good buy.
    If the thing runs and drives decent I would say you made a great buy. Looks good. How many miles?

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Its a Dodge.

8. ducaticorse

from we

Naww.. I had a 96 ram 3500 dump gas burner 4x4. 160K miles ton of electrical gremlins and paid a lot more than he did. I was younger then, and not as informed. Was a decent truck until the tranny went. Bought two from a junk yard installed them and they were both junk too. After the second one, I gave up and scrapped the truck.

I mean, how can you bash a decent looking 2K dump truck lol? I'm sure it has glaring defects up close, but from the picture he posted, it's passable lol..

9. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Is it 4x4 .....

10. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

good deal good luck with it

11. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

hey guys yes its a 4x4 86,000 miles. was an old college maintenance rig. it does have some rot but i knew buying it i could put money into it and still be ok. Plowed 20+ hours with it the last storm no complaints. about $2,500 and the bed will be rebuilt along with all rot in the cab fixed. drives smooth, shifts great etc etc. Being the way the economy is i did not want to get a new truck at 30-50k and have payments. looking at a skidsteer tomorrow and ill be able to do my own removal now. Been trying to build my business for 3 years now and have doubled my business each year. Im only 25 and still have time to go. I love what i do and am hoping to continue to grow. my 1500 with my tailgate spreader will continue to do my resi's and the 3500 will do my commercials. Load up the 2yd swenson spreader i paid $800.00 for last year and i plow in 2wd all day long. i dont need brand new shiny stuff, it works and me and my customers are happy. thats all that matters Thumbs Up

altho id LOVE a new rig it just isnt in the cards yet

12. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

couple of pics of the spreader, and the truck

2012-10-21_09-09-41_168.jpg

2012-11-11_16-03-58_170.jpg

1356815337960.jpg

1355771809438.jpg

2012-12-25_12-43-22_63.jpg

13. SSS Inc.

You were able to get Mr-Plow plates?? I love it. Good luck with the truck, hopefully it serves you well.

That name again is Mr. Plow.

14. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

LOL its mr plow its mr plow!
    ya my wife wasnt to impressed but i thought it was fitting

15. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

Is this where i say...gotcha beat on the spreader. Bought what looks like the same one for 200.00. He said the gearbox was shot...frozen. The chain was the only thing wrong with it...i had to cut it off and you could climb it like a ladder. 300 bucks for a new chain and bam like new spreader.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=80957 Post #520

16. SSS Inc.

Whoever sold you that spreader is an idiot because it looks brand new. Nice find. Gotta love people that have no idea what a little maintenance is.

17. ducaticorse

from we

Cab looks great, mileage is great. Im guessing it has a 360, those motors are great, and last a while providing you maintain them. I think you did well as long as the frame is in decent shape

18. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

The frame is in great shape actually. and Oxmow ya you definitely have me beat!!! lol

19. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Don't think you got a bad deal on that at all, good luck with her!

20. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

thanks kl&m and everyone elses positive wishes. hoping it works well for me