1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2nd Gen Plowing

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by snowman79, Apr 13, 2009.

1. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

Was just wondering if any of you plow with 2nd gens and if so how the handle it and if you have any pictures.
  2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 2001 Diesel Ram 2500 plows great, I have 126,000 miles and have never done any serious work to the engine or transmission.

I have pictures of it posted on here somewhere...
  3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Cant speak for the V-10 I just picked up. But my old 94 in the Aviator could move snow!!!! Usually in 2wd with out any issues. It was a CTD Dually. I blew the tranny every 100k. But the second time it blew at 195k A cooler line blew a leak it was rubbing on something and I had 3 car Wedge trailer off the back. But got it home and drove it for another 10k after I filled it wil Lucas. Then came into some loot and had it fixed. It wasnt blown just had issues going into 4th sometimes.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009