1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2ND contract- PIC

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rush, Oct 24, 2006.

1. rush

rush Member

Hey guys..Well this looks like my 2nd contract.
    I have not gave him a price yet, but i got dibs on it if my price is reasonable.

Its a tough one.. apartment complex

Because of shadows, I outlined the parking lot in red. I also pointed out a long chain link fence. I dont see alot of room to stack snow. I'm wondering how one of you veteran plow masters would move snow around here.[​IMG]

2. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Must be nice. I need some dibs.

3. rush

rush Member

lol ya.. It helps when you know some real estate investors.

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Damn, thats gonna be a b*tch with a truck. Personally the only way i would touch that would be with a skidsteer. And prolly dump the snow over the fence...? I dont see where else it could go...:confused:

5. AlaskaShooTer

AlaskaShooTer Member

Plowing

Man Rush you can pick em! :) Looks like you've got 3 options. Either figure out how to make the snow go back up or plan on hauling it away or sacrifice some of the lot for snow storage. That far left pointy corner looks like a good snow pile area. Probably your best be would be to check with the property manager and ask where past plow contractors have stashed the white stuff.

You need to find at least one account where you can just plow the snow across the lot and pile it out of the way.

George

6. rush

rush Member

Yeah..I sure picked some crummy lots for my 1st year. Sad thing was i remember being there once last year in the winter while the guy was plowing and i never payed attention to where he put the snow.

I'll show a pic of my (3rd) last account, Its a BP gas station.. That green thing is just a tin roof overhang, and the white rectangle thing is where the pumps are.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  7. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Same thing that came to my mind when I saw the picture, Since I bet there are doors and such on the back of the buildings you can't push any know against that side.

8. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Rush: you sure got some doosies for your first time plowing.
    ...i guess its one small step for man, one giant leap for Rush :salute:

9. AlaskaShooTer

AlaskaShooTer Member

BP Pool

Glad you clarified the green or bluish area on the BP property. Here I thought it was a hot tub for you to jump in once you finish your other 2 headache accounts. :blush2:

Except for the traffic this appears to be your easiest property to clean up.

George

10. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

My advice? Run fast!!!! Man, you sure got your work cut out on the lots you got. Good luck and hope you got a skidsteer, loader, or a big d*mn shovel with a couple strong backs> Hope you do well. Best of luck to ya.

11. rush

rush Member

well....if i run, I have no accounts..lol

Anyhow, my wife might get kind of mad if the plow truck i just bought never leaves the drive way.

...I can hear it now..... "you just had to have that stupid plow thingy! now its sitting just like all the other junk you waste money on"

12. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Any chance of being able to take down the far left section of that chain link fence for the duration of the winter? If you could do that then you at least have a place to put the snow without hauling it away.

13. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

This kind of lot screams lost parking spaces in winter. From what I can see there is NO place to put snow that wouldn't ruin a fence, block a sidewalk or fill in a road, so you push the snow into 3 piles that are located at low spots in the lot uphill from storm drains. This way you don't have refreeze ice for people to slip on.

When the piles take out too much of the lot, you have a loader/hauler come in and clear'em out. Make life easy on your self and work it out in advance who will do this an that they will bill the app complex directly.

14. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Run/Skid-steer, are not the only options here. Make sure in the contract that you specify that you need some parking spaces to pile snow, then also make sure in the contract that both parties agree that if snow needs to be removed at your call, and your price, then just have it removed, of coarse you'll have to have those prices ready when you talk to them. (Man Law) DON'T RUN! Good luck

Joe

15. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

I see it as not a big deal. Just add into the contract and to the property managers that they are going to lose a few parking spaces. If they can.

Ooops. Grn Mtn's already gone there, but yeah.

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have some schools like this. You didn't build the parking lot. Just plow it into one of the corners. When they lose too many spaces it is time for a loader. I sure they won't pay for a skid steer on site every night.

17. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

basically what he said.

They won't deny your bid if you ask him where the previous person stacked the snow and if they were happy with it.

Believe it or not, you don't have to know everything about plowing snow to do it.

Unless you have a skidsteer with hiflow and other sites nearby, it's not worth leaving one there.

Designate an area and stack the snow there. If it gets too high, charge them for removal. It's not a huge lot and won't require extensive removal.

18. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Your wife must be related to mine!!!!!:nod:

19. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

This is my thing small places to keep it simple is to not have the snow add up so treat it. Does the owner have a salting clause in the contract or is it just plowing ? If its just plowing watch out for that fence does not take much snow to rip up a fence.

20. nekos

nekos Senior Member

that first lot might not be to bad ...
    if you can push every thing to the top left in that corner, it shouldn't be to bad.

also you could push snow up to the top fence... your parking spaces will get shorter but ya got to do what you got to do.