1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2COR517, extreveV center pin swap?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ontario026, Jan 7, 2010.

1. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

Probably a dumb question, but what is the easiest way to change the pin on the ExtremeV, and I know you are a Pro at it now! I have never had mine out yet, but know I have to pull off the upper cap, then slide the pin out, but is it a 2 man job to get the wings lined back up to drop the pin back in, or is there a certain postion you put the plow into before changing the pin to keep the wings in position etc??

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I've only done it a couple times. So far LOL. I would leave the plow mounted to the truck. Find the flatest area you can, and have the plow straight. A helper makes it easier, especially to put the pin back in.
  3. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I haven't pulled mine out yet but when I do, it will be on the truck and on level ground. I'll probably block the ends and the center cutting edges with a 4x4 or something similar. Help is always good, but I imagine a big pry bar or collins axe would work too.
  4. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Do you just pry the pin out and install the new one? What happens when the pin is completely out.....do the wings come apart? Also anyone have a part number for this pin?
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah. Twist, pry, whatever it takes. Two 3/8 bolts (9/16 wrench) hold the center piece on. Take that off, and the pin is right there. You can verify you have the BM HT pin. I just used large channel locks to twist it, it came up enough on its own to get a pry bar under the head.

Put the plow straight, and drop the blade on as a flat a surface as you have. That seemed to be as good a way to do it as any. The wings will be a little wobbly, but won't go too far on there own. A helper is handy, especially when putting the pin back in. They can wiggle the wings around for you. And a big hammer to drive the pin in:D Don't forget to grease it when you put it back in.

Let us know how the old one looked.
  6. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

what is happening with this pin how are they getting bent ??
  7. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Word of advice for anyone changing a BENT center pin... take my advice and cut the damn thing... I wrestled with mine for 2 hours before I had enough and got the saws all out!... Had to cut it in three places before it released its grip......
    Camaro... design flaw.. when the xv first came out they had inferior "tan/bronze" colored center pins... these bend easy... cost for a new one is in the mid $20s.....
  8. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Well today went to the dealer and picked up a new center pin. Just so everyone knows Fisher and Western have the same part number 44028 for this pin. Followed everyone's directions and changed it with no problems. After removing the pin I realized it was the original older style type not like the BM HT type. The pin was a little bent at the bottom but not as bad as some of the others i have seen on here. Attached are some pictures....

2010-02-15 17.35.26.jpg

2010-02-13 15.41.33.jpg