1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

29D Question

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by misanthrope, Dec 2, 2009.

1. I just acquired a 29D and who ever had it before me did a number on the moldboard. What ever they hit they bent the small black metal tabs that are located behind the plastic Stops on both sides. My question ... was the black tab welded to the spring bracket or is it a replaceable part?... I will provide a pic in the am to try to be more clear.

thx

2. replaceable part ?

Both sides look the same... also cant get the plow to mount up to the truck.... I snapped a few pics of the pin's on the a frame. Looks like they are bent. 1 pic shows wherethe aframe is rubbing on the truck mount. Cant get the locking pins to lock in there holes. Looks to be about 1/2 inch off. .....Ideas?

thx

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  3. few more

last 2.....

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

First get your light bracket more vertical. that should help the alignment issue making sure the plow is level side to side helps also. The little tabs need to be banged forward and welded in place. take the unit apart first so you do not melt the poly cushions

5. with the light bracket all the way back the 2 pins sit up even more.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

From the interferance marks on the mount I'd guess the back of the bracket where it is rusty and looks like it has been ground is interfering. Is the jack foot down?

7. The foot was up the whole time. I'll try those new pins.