1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

29400-2 adapter

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by simoncx, Jun 15, 2010.

1. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

Anyone know where I can get a 29400-2 adapter online and around how much it costs? I found a couple sites that have fisher parts but none seem to have this adapter. Also would it be possible to modify a 29048 adapter to a 29400-2 if possible?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

29400-2 isn't the headlamp adapter harness itself, it's the whole wiring kit which also includes among several other things the 11 pin lighting harness. If you just need the actual light adapter harness that is included in that kit then you just need a 29499 light harness assuming you're looking to equip a truck with HB3/H11 headlights. No point in buying a bunch of extra parts you already have.

And available at all the big name plow retailers online, for example: CPW or ESI

3. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

Thanks, yes I really only need the headlight adapter because right now it's hb3/hb4 and the new truck is hb3/h11. I found one, but $200 for a headlight adapter seemed alittle steep.

4. yellowsnow09

yellowsnow09 Junior Member

You need a 29458 and a 28027-2. New GM's keep high and low beams on at the same time when in high beam, you need to use the 28027-2 relay kit do separate high and low beam for the plow side.

5. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Contact the the guy with the "Will it fit my truck?" thread and swap headlight harnesses, it seems you have what he needs and he has what you need.

6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

As stated above- I'm looking at buying a plow from a guy who had it on an '08 GMC. I'm in need of the wiring for my '06... do you have the part for my '06? If so, perhaps if I end up buying his plow we could swap the adapters?