1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

29 not level when fully angled???

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by dmontgomery, Dec 8, 2007.

1. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

my 29 is lifting the the back side of the blade off the ground about 1.5 to 2" when fully angled.......it is happening on both sides......

The cutting edge is worn fairly evenly......when it is straight it sits nice and flat.....

The mount and frame are pretty level to the gound......there is nothing I see that is out of whack........This is on a Dodge 2500 CTD........if that matters....

Is there an adjustment that can fix this issue?????

Thanks

2. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Hmmmm....

I'll have to look at mine when it's on the ground fully angled...haven't noticed anything while plowing but then again, when I drop it to the ground it's always in the straight position.

3. dmontgomery

I think I need lower my mount.....it appears the frame slopes from the truck to the plow more than I thought.......I believe this is the source of my problem........

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes that's a symptom of to high a mount

5. dmontgomery

Thanks Basher......how do I decide which are the right holes to use. I have 2 more below the current position......

Also do I set it up with and empty bed or with 2500# of salt in the back.......Thanks again!

Derek

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No more then 10 inches to the bottom "pockets" in plowing configuration

http://www.snoway.com/service/Subframes/97100895b.pdf

page 3, figure 3

7. dmontgomery

Basher .........you are the man..........

I will be unloading eveything and working on this tomorrow......

8. dmontgomery

the pocket holes were at 11" .......now they are at 9"....... problems solved.......
    It becomes more apparent all the time that the dealer that installed the mount had no clue...........

Thanks again Basher.......