1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

29 Home Town home cumminity pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by E.L.P.M., Sep 19, 2016.

1. E.L.P.M.

E.L.P.M. Junior Member

Hello,
    I have been approached by a HOA to bid on a 29 unit property. This property doesn't need the driveways and walkways to front door's done. They are asking for Calcium and salt be applied. I think the sidewalks would take about 1-1.5 hrs. with one guy and a snow blower in a 2-4 storm and would take about 45min-1hr to plow the roads and parking area's. What do you think about my prices. Walkways 2-4 $100 / 4.1-6 $175 / 6.1-8 $250 and $90 for calcium. For plowing the road 2-4 $175 / 4.1-6.0 $300 / 6.1-8.0 $400 and $100 for salt. What do you guys think?

2. E.L.P.M.

E.L.P.M. Junior Member

3. E.L.P.M.

E.L.P.M. Junior Member

I feel my prices are a little low

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Location (general area), size of blower, pickup/plow size, length and width of walks along with the same for roads would be helpful.

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Your not doing the drives? They are going to want the snow winrowed away from the drives.

6. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

What area are you in? How much snow annually do you get? How long is the road? How much experience do you have? How many feet of sidewalk? Do you get to windrow to each side of road or like Randall said will they make it windrow away from drives? Or can you just come back around and push the snow away from each drive after wind rowing?

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

pic.jpg A little searching leads me to believe the location is in the northern burbs of Philly, at least the satellite image I came across looks like it.
    So not mulch snow, probably higher rent district with a bunch of opinionated experts.......
    Aboot 1250ft of 4ft wide walk and 30Ksquare of road and parking area.

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

There is nowhere to stack snow without blocking a drive or piling on a walk. Are they gonna give up the parking spaces in center?

9. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

How the heck did you find that so easily? Not the numbers as that's easy on find lot size, but the actual townhouses on the map!?

10. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Oh that is just asking for a height joke to be inserted here but since I still hoping he is gonna come through on a favor I shall keep it to myself.

11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

That was easy grasshopper....... I just stood up and took a gander toward the east.........
    The lower left corner of the pic posted by the OP has Willow Crossing shown, from there I'm used the Google and with in a couple minutes had it.

12. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I'm still working it, those guys move pretty slow and they're gearing up for the Ootdoors show in Kansas plus we've got a couple things going on for SHOT too.

kimber750 likes this.
  13. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Well I guess I need to work on situational awareness lol. Now I see it at the bottom.

14. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Sometimes you need to step back and get a panoramic view to see what lies ahead.... :laugh::laugh:

15. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

My eyes might be old and fading...but they look nothing alike to me.

16. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Squint your eyes and **** your head aboot -43degress.....
    Seriously (kind of), how many times have your seen properties actually match conceptual drawing

17. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes...They are old and fading....Whats up with the Avatar picture...another Boss slappy...Rather see you put a picture of Luther or Troy than that picture....:drinkup:

18. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

first thought, where's the snow going to go.
    You sidewalk guys are going to hate you, your going to have push snow up and over the center sidewalks.
    or you tell the owners they are going to lose parking spots, which is the way I would go.
    Designate 2 spots at each of the 3 areas to put the snow and I would have it in the pricing to haul it out of there if it builds up too much.
    Why do people who build these places never think about snow and where it is going to go.
    As for your pricing, the plowing price seems fine -(it's roughly what I would bid) but I think your underbidding those sidewalks if your doing them all including the ones by the main road.
    Main road sidewalks are a pain, the town or state always plows them in.
    I tell every client of mine that has sidewalks on the main roads that they will not be done until the state or town has cleared the roads, otherwise your there 3 to 4 times doing the same sidewalk.

19. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I'll just keep that in the back of my mind for future reference.

20. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

I can do that....