1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

29 hdw

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Snowman7, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Snowman7

Snowman7 Member
    from WI

Anyone using a 29 HDW plow with the wings? I am looking at buying a 7'6" one and putting it on my 06 GMC 2500 Diesel. looking for suggestions

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That should be a good unit for that truck but why not eight foot? Make sure your dealer has the wings in stock, I've been waiting for the ones I ordered for a while now.

3. Snowman7

Snowman7 Member
    from WI

Is the sno way plow worth the extra money it costs over the other manufactors?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Look at the cost of the base unit. It is not out of line with other brands, the options raise the price. Add the Down Pressure, wireless, wings, etc then you have to ask yourself if you want those features in a plow. I could do without any of the options except down pressure, believe me its the bomb.:nod: particularly if you do drivesways or other back dragging.

5. Snowman7

Snowman7 Member
    from WI

Do think the wings are needed right away if I go with the 8' plow? Do you know around how much the wireless option adds?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you're not adding wings go with a 8' 6" 32 series Poly. Weighs less then the 29hd with the wings and is the same power pack as the 29HD. Only downfall you cannot use the wings.

I don't know your dealers pricing:nono:sorry

7. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Snoway plows are worth the extra $. Heading into our 7th season with snoway, very little downtime, great factory and dealer support.

8. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I to have seven years with Snoway......no failures that have cost me plowing time.......would love to buy a new one but I am waiting until the bugs are worked out of the new line

9. Snowman7

Snowman7 Member
    from WI

Lawn king and Dmontgomery waht sno way plows are you running? What bugs are you aware with the new line of plows?

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The 29hdw is not a new line. It is just a new moldboard and the new "where's the up button" control. Other than that it is the same as the exsisting 29 series.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  11. lawn king

Im running a 25 series 9 ft on my cabover dump and a 29 series 8 ft on my pickup, both with wr and dp. Im thinking about trying the wireless joystick this season?

12. dmontgomery

Thanks for the info Basher..... I was referring to the Mega line.......I was unclear. So what was the reason for the new moldboard for the 29........I am guessing it has to do with the use of the wings......

I have run an ST and a 29 ........both were/are excellent.... I actually prefer the wired controls just because of the responsiveness. The wireless are not bad.....

I want a Mega -V but again I can wait until they are perfected....

Derek

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Only reason I know of.

14. dmontgomery

I wish they would have worked that into the use of the SS moldboard.....

15. Snowman7

Snowman7 Member
    from WI

I want to order my new 29HDW plow but am torn between what size to get. Do I go with the 7'6" or the 8' plow. I will be doing mostly residental drives but want something big enough for commercial too.

What do you guys think?

16. lawn king

I would go 8.

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

eight foot:nod:

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Like in our previous discussion Snowman go with an 8' over the 7.6 without question. You'll be glad you did. wesport

19. Snowman7

Snowman7 Member
    from WI

Has anyone seen or heard about the new wireless remotes this year. I have been told they have had major issues in the past. Should I go with the new wirsless or stay with the wired?

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Occasioally the "old units" had issues in some vehicles, the new units are an unknown. I had very few problems with the "old style" wireless. An occasional unit seemed a little weak, some places the wi'fi jammed them, and some later model vehicles(06+) seem to have an material in the dash/firewall that will not allow them to operate though the dash. We have a lot of wireless units running around, many in 01 GM products.

The new units have a number of unnecessary control buttons if you are using it for a straight blade but does have the advantage of recharging from a power jack.

I am continuing to provide the old units with straight blades while we wait to see how the new ones perform.