1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

28V wing stopped retracting

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by CRTracing, Dec 7, 2009.

1. CRTracing

CRTracing Junior Member

Getting ready for the next storm (tomorrow and Wednesday) so today hooked plow up to get ready.

Well, Murphy's Law got me, the passenger wing will only extend (out) and no longer retracts to (in) position. Was working a few weeks ago and all of a sudden it stopped. Up, down, down pressure, driver wing (in and out) all work. Passenger wing extends, does not come back.

When operating the LOBO controller to retract the non working wing, I can hear the pump working but the ram will not bring the wing back. When I push the LOBO button to retract the wing it sounds stressed (like the ram is at its reach)

Thanks for any help...if you want me to check wires, please indicate the wire color instead of the wire number. Thanks
  2. CRTracing

CRTracing Junior Member

All fixed

All fixed, came home, took off pump cover and found the green wire on that solenoid off. Reattached wire snug and tested, all OK.

Glad it was an easy fix, weather is calling for quite a storm tomorrow and Wed. :)
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Perhaps you should check all the connections:nod: make sure the little locking tangs are still set and add a little di-electric while you're there.