1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

28V oil level

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by REELax, Nov 28, 2008.

1. REELax

REELax Junior Member
    from Sweden

Hi & sorry if this is a silly question but what position should the blades be in when checking the oil level? I would presume blade down & 90 degrees to the car, If i have one blade fully extended the other then has a bit of a hard time to extend all the way out to scoop & if they are both out, the lift ram has a hard time lifting. If the blades are both back in V shape then it lifts no problem so i'm assuming that i need to add a little oil.....
    John.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The V swaps fluid between cylinders, low fluid could be your problem but I doubt it. You could have a clogged pick up screen, weak pressure relief, or tired Hydraulic pump. I think I'd throw a pressure gage on it and see what's up with the pump. It sounds like either a restricted pick up screen or low pump pressure issue to me.
    JMO

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I would agree with the pickup screen as being a possibility to check. If you haven't done an oil change on the unit for this season I would recommend doing so and inspecting and cleaning the pickup screen at that time.

Let us know how you make out.

4. REELax

REELax Junior Member
    from Sweden

Thanks for the quick reply, i'm in Sweden & have no manual so do youhave any pics of the location of the pickup screen??

John.

5. toby4492

6. REELax

REELax Junior Member
    from Sweden

Thanks very much for the fast response, couldn't have wished for more..... You could however hop on a plane & come over to sort it for me as a Christmas gift if you like ussmileyflag

7. toby4492

I would love to make it across the big pond some day and visit your country. Rumor has it that the scenery is really nice. :D ................oh and the landscape too. ;)

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'll pack my tools, you order the plane ticket:D

Let us know how it shakes out.:waving:

9. REELax

REELax Junior Member
    from Sweden

Stockholm has a "Miss World" on every street in the summer but i have no idea where they all vanish to in the Winter!!!
    John.

10. toby4492

Making mental note............................................................................................................................schedule trip to Stockholm for July 2009. Got it. :D

As basher stated let us know how you make out John.

11. REELax

REELax Junior Member
    from Sweden

Hahaha, i still haven't worked it out after 14 years here but if you're from an English speaking country (you guys scrape in) :) you have to be either gay or a corpse not to be picked up & sexually abused by an Amazonian Goddess!!!!!!

You think i'm joking?? Keep Stockholm on your list of "Must see places" you won't regret it.

Off to the garage to change the oil in the morning, thanks again for the help.

John.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Mental Note; hide in Toby4492's suitcase in late June:jester:

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Mental note:......................hide in Bashers tool box. :nod: :D

14. toby4492

Sounds like a plowsite roadtrip to me. :drinkup:

But lets keep this quiet so nobody else knows :nono:, it will help increase the odds a bit. :nod:

Time to get back on topic prsport

15. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Hejsan John,

Before working for Sno-Way, I was working with several Swedish companies and bringing some of their products to USA for sale. I made over 25 trips to Sweden between 2000-2002, mostly to Malmo. Sweden became a second home for me and I look forward to the next time I can visit Sweden and see many of the friends that I made. I have many fond memories of your beautiful country. I also had the good fortune to visit Stockholm, Umea, Jokkmokk, Taby, Mjolby and several other cities. I still speak with one of my former business associates from Malmo at least once a month. My wife and I are planning a trip to Malmo in the summer of 2010.

It is nice to hear from a Sno-Way customer in Sweden.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  16. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

How about some pictures to hold us over till Tom gets there????
    Not of the plow ....the women....

17. REELax

REELax Junior Member
    from Sweden