1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

28V Not cleaning up

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by BearOnt, Dec 5, 2005.

1. BearOnt

BearOnt Junior Member
    from Ontario

I have a new 28V V-plow. It leaves a strip of snow 1/2 inch deep in the center of the blade.:nono: Its a real problem. My customers want their lot clean. Anyone else encounter this? How do I fix it?
    It does it worst in the scoop position. It appears to get snow behind the rubber edge in the middle and lets the snow thru.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Thats been the big problem with all V plows. look at some of the fixes in the Boss forum. hope this will help.

3. BearOnt

BearOnt Junior Member
    from Ontario

I have several Fisher V-plows and dont have a problem. Not as bad anyway.

There is some good ideas on the Boss forum, Thanks.
    I noted the lexan is not tight on the ends, maybe thats part of the problem too.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  4. snow blind

snow blind Junior Member
    from MASS.

Did you follow the directions for the shoe heights both in scoop and in straight mode and then also your ware plate screws are they adjusted down all the way and then two cranks up. Mine does not leave a sliver of snow in the middle or anywhere else for that matter except where I leave it. So I would go back on level ground and level the plow and reajust shoe's, good luck

5. mikeww

mikeww Junior Member

Left in the middle 28V

He is right a little adjustment on shoe and pitch and you will think it's a straight plow. Had mine about 10 years now on 3 different trucks it will work. Great plow just put pro wings on my 8'3" V old style 3 pin hookup, It's FAAAAAANTASTIC!!!! OLD BUT STILL PUSHING SNOW
    ALMOST FORGOT I DO NOT RUN SHOES CENTER OR ENDS

6. BearOnt

BearOnt Junior Member
    from Ontario

I had back to the dealer twice. They adjusted it up and it was no better. He's now going to take it back to the distributer and have them look at it.
    Do you have a space between the poly and the frame?

7. LAKESHORESNOW

LAKESHORESNOW Junior Member

3 or 1

Does the plow have 1 or 3 rubber cutting edges? 1 in the middle and one on the inside end of each cutting edge or just one in the middle. I own two of these plows my older one cleaned up great, just got a new one and it does not clean up worth a crap. I got to looking at it it only has 1 rubber edge in the middle so the snow goes between it and the wings cutting edges. The old plow has 3 rubber edges the two go behind the middle one and pick up the run through. email me if you would like some pics.
    bucksguideservice@comcast.net

8. mikeww

mikeww Junior Member

1 rubber 2 steel

My plow has one funky shaped rubber center with a long steel on each wing.
    Maybe you need to wear it in, or adjustment needed between your shoes and pitch of blade.

9. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

BearOnt,

If you can provide me with an e-mail, I can send you instructions on proper adjustment of center tower. When properly adjusted, I am told by customers in my territory that the Sno-Way cleans better than any v-plow that they have owned previously.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

My V swipes clean. Are you running all the skid feet? did you follow the adjustment procedure in the manual? It is a set up error. I like the old 5 piece wear edge better then the newer 3 piece but they both swipe clean. check the mounting height on the truck and readjust the blade FOLLOWING the instructions.

11. BearOnt

BearOnt Junior Member
    from Ontario

Went thru everything several times. Did all the adjustments. Still no good. From what I'm being told the 8.5 ft blades were great. I have a 9.5 ft, they are thinking the geometery is off. My dealer offered to take it back. He is as frustrated as me. Had several other problems too.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'm pushing a 9'1" with no issuses. have you checked the mount height? If the truck mount is to high it screws everything up. Tire changes mess with people alot.

13. BearOnt

BearOnt Junior Member
    from Ontario

They adjusted it to where it is supposed to be.

It seems like the snow comes down the edge and packs behind the edge of the rubber (in the scoop position) which lifts it up a bit and then leaves a foot wide strip of snow behind.

A small piece of steel tacked to the edge would probably have fixed it up. My dealer said as soon as we modify it at all we loose the warrantee.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  14. BearOnt

BearOnt Junior Member
    from Ontario

Oh yeh, the first time the plow tilted forward it ripped the hoses off.( a trip to the dealer) The ones the factory put on were too short. Had the hose replaced and the new one leaked at the swivel within the first day. (Another trip to the dealer). And there was a mounting pin that fell out too. :dizzy:

I researced all the plows throughly and thought the Sno Way had the best features. I am beginning to doubt my decision.:confused:

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'm on my forth vee blade right now. never had an issue. still have number three, sold 1 and 2 and they're still running. Are your wear edges broken on the inner end, they should be behind your center chisel. My wings are tight to the center poly in the scoop position they almost push it forward.

16. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

BearOnt

BearOnt,

Please contact me at rick.knuth@snoway.com. I would like to get your contact information so that we can have somebody follow-up with you to resolve your issues. You experience is certainly not typical and is of concern.

17. BearOnt

BearOnt Junior Member
    from Ontario

My dealer has taken the Sno-way back and we worked out a deal on a Blizzard, so I now have a Blizzard in the fleet. Its too bad that the issue couldnt be resolved.
    We had to do something to keep my operator and customers happy.
    Thanks to all for your help, I think I just got a lemon considering all the problems with this blade.