1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

28V Issue

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by bossllc, Dec 20, 2008.

1. bossllc

bossllc Junior Member
    from central

I have a 28V that has a rubber piece that is bolted in the middle of the plow which always leaves a strip. It is to the point where none of my guys even want to take this plow out. We paid more for this plow than any of our Boss plows and the Boss has never given us an issue. Maybe I am missing something that can be done to fix this.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Read the instructions on set up. you need to set the skid feet and float limiters

3. Hooker751

Hooker751 Member

Yes, Basher is right on this one. I have the same 28 V-Plow on my 2500 HD chev and you need to ste the skid feet and float and that should take care of your troubles, I'm sure. Then you will Love it , like I do.
    Harold

4. bossllc

bossllc Junior Member
    from central

question

Basher. Should my dealer be the one fix this.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Ask him if he understands it. He should if he's sold many of them. Be sure to take him the unit in it's ready to plow condition. Loaded with spreader/ballast so he sets it for the right ride angle.

If he is hesitant you can do it yourself if you spend a little time with the manual. A magnetic level helps when you are doing the adjustments.

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Get rid of the junk rubber piece and get a steel one. VWOVW has them. He is on this forum too.

7. bossllc

bossllc Junior Member
    from central

If they are junk then why would a $6000 plow come with one? You would think they would just come with a steel one. I spent a $1000 more for this plow than all my Boss plows and I have to replace a piece already?

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

everyone has their own opinion. I like the poly centerwedge. I've worn a few down and snapped one off T.G. I flopped on the belts with that shot. Did a "buddy" a favor and went to do a little development for him, he never mentioned the raised manhole covers:gunsfiring:

The most important thing is to get the unit properly adjusted.