1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

28v- 9.1

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by bossllc, Oct 21, 2008.

1. bossllc

bossllc Junior Member
    from central

Is anyone running this plow? What are you thoughts?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Ran one for years loved it, though had a couple issues. It can be a hassle to get the articulators right and its not the fastest, large double acting cylinders remove any chance of that. But they're great for backdragging, they could be smaller pistons would be faster but would lose some strength. The double hinge allows it to carry more snow then the single hinge design. I prefer the handheld keypad to the double joy stick. I used it like a touchpad and have great control over wing position with out mode changes or any extra hoopla. I'm hoping I like the new thumb stick as well as I did the keypad.

Get the deflector:nod:

3. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

you know i kinda like the joy stick on the v plow over the key pad.. i know a couple customers didnt like the key pad cause it was too hard to find the buttons when plowing and some plowed with gloves? why they plow with gloves on you got me?

and yes the deflector for sure!

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

It is a great plow. I am still running mine but it is the smaller one. I agree with the hydraulics being a little slow but it is NOT bad. Yes on the deflector too.
    I replaced the center rubber piece with a steel one and it is ALOT better.

5. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Thanks for the pix Nick. Those 29HDW's look good all lined up.