1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

28d stopped lifting

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by rmk1953, Jan 3, 2010.

1. rmk1953

rmk1953 Junior Member
    from 49126

I have a lobo 28D100972 has always worked well today it just stopped lifting the motor runs and sounds as if it is under load the wings work as they should, Can anyone give me a link to a manual the one i find here and in snoway are for later models that mine with out a munual of some type i can't identfy which valev does what. thanks for any help

2. koda

koda Junior Member
    from Maine

I think this is the manuel you want

http://www.snoway.com/service/Owner Manuals/97100438c.pdf

Try page 26 for the hydraulic skematic. I have the same plow and mine wouldn't drop the other day. Everything else worked. It turned out that I had cut off the wire that controls the selinoid to lower the plow. The wiring harness had been pinched and cut off. Check your wiring harness connector for power on that wire that controls your lift. Good Luck.

3. rmk1953

rmk1953 Junior Member
    from 49126

Thanks Koda but as i have found that manual is later than my serial # and things are differant the pumps look ditterant the wirinf is somewhat differant and the valves are mounted in differant locations than the ones i have seen i n the manuals .... my serial # is 28d100972 that manual is after that
    thanks again

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That is the oldest manual available online. You might contact Snoway directly to see if they have any older paperwork. I was not aware they had moved and hydraulics. I know they simplified the harness.

5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

6. koda

koda Junior Member
    from Maine

Sorry RMK! My bad on the ser. number. Good luck on getting it going again. It sounds like a simple electrical problem. Just not getting juice to that selinoid.