1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

285's on a Dually????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mossman381, Sep 3, 2011.

1. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

I have an 02 chevy dually. I am wondering if anybody on here has put 285's on their dually. I know I need a spacer. But not sure what size. I want run as small a spacer as possible. I just put 265's on and I think I want to go bigger. With the 265's I am running a 1/4" spacer now.

[​IMG]

2. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

3. mossman381

Thanks for the link. Looks like guys are running a 2" spacer. I wonder if an 1.5" would work?

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

here is the correct style spacer with the centering lip for the outer drw.

http://www.wheeladapter.com/dually_spacers.php

and i installed a set for a guy on a 99-up style and 285 would have rubbed the sidewalls with 2" thick spacer so we had to run 265 . he used it as a work truck loaded most the time.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

do a supper single rear and you 285's up front. the would be a tits setup with the ss on the rear.

6. mossman381

This is what I was looking for. Thanks

I have looked at the semi wheels on pickups. Very cool looking.

7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

i have 2" spacers on mine

8. Pullin&Plowin

Pullin&Plowin Junior Member
    from SE WI

i run 285's on minw with a 2 inch spacer the tires are a little close for my comfort when it comes to pulling my gooseneck loaded i would like to go to the 19.5 wheels eventually

9. mossman381

How do you like plowing with your 04 dually? I have seen the 19.5 rims. Any reason why you want the 19.5 rims?

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

That would look ******** imo.

An aggressive set of tires on nice 19.5" wheels looks good with a leveling kit.

If you get spacers, give Fred a call. Great service and quality work.
    http://www.wheeladapter.com/

I'm running a set of 2" spacers from him on my truck to get the rear tires back inline with the fronts. Their pricy but when you compare them to the other brands it's worth it, and made in the USA.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  11. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Mossman, I think the only reason you would NOT want 19.5s, is price. Wish I could afford them.

12. Pullin&Plowin

Pullin&Plowin Junior Member
    from SE WI

i love plowing with my dually it is like a bulldozer and with the 9 foot blade i cover a lot of ground quickly! i would prefer the 19.5s because they last longer and they are stiffer for pulling my trailer loaded. i think they would be better for driving down the road with the plow on too sometimes the truck does seem like the sidewalls are a little soft being only a d load rating on the 285s!