1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

285's clear with plow mounted and raised ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ChevyHD4X4, Nov 28, 2006.

1. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

I have a set of 285-75-16 Trail Cutters M/T's on stock steel rims. I was wanting to know if I can run them on a stock '06 GMC 2500HD mounted with the plow raised ? Trimming or rubbing ?

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

when i need tires im moving from 265 to 285

3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

With my t-bars cranked and 285/70/17's at full lock in either direction I have about 1/2 inch of clearance. Add a blade it might be tight. But then again, I only have a 1/2 ton.

4. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

2500 hd with 285 and a blizzard 810. No rub with the bars full up and timbrens.

5. scaper27

scaper27 Member

99 2500HD with front timbrens and 285/75/16 and no rubbing. Little raise on the t-bars helped too.

6. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

My 285's rub at lock when going in reverse. Need to do a little trim work.

7. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

My 285's rub when im turned a certain point, nothing I don't ignore. Its just rubbing on the corner of the bumper valance thing.
    Does it without the plow too.

Timmy's installed, and T-bars cranked all the way.

8. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I have 285's on my 04 chevy 1500 the are 17's t bars are cranked 5 or 6 times no rubbing with my sno way on and rasied.

RCGM
    Brad

9. I had the same question...just answered it yesterday.

No rubbing (no trimming) with my '02 HD on 285s/stock wheels and 7.5' Western Unimount raised. BUT, I have the thing cranked right up (aided by Cognito upper control arms) all the way with stock keys (12 turns in my case). I got about 1 inch or so clearance to inner fender when wheel turned fully. With this said, I doubt you'll clear w/o major cranking and/or some trimming.

10. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Greg I've got 285s on my truck. The only timeI notice the tires rubbing is either goin over a large bump or backing up at full lock. I could get away with turnin the Tbars up a little more because they are damn near level with the ground and it probably wouldnt rub much, if any.

Will

11. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

I have Goodyear MT/R'S on my 2500HD and they don't rub and i have the plow on it. I just have the T-bars cranked 4-5 turns..

12. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Ive got 285 BFG All Terrains on my truck and BFG's tend to run big... No problems with rubbing at all, I am cranked thowesport