1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

28 v question

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by strawberry, Apr 23, 2006.

1. strawberry

strawberry Junior Member

Hi thanks for all the help, I got the wiring hooked up everthing seems to work except the lift cylinder does not seem to retract, the plow is not mounted yet as it and the mount need sand blasting, all testing is currently being done on the garage floor. Does the lift cylinder extend or retract when the plow is raised on the truck? also I apparently missing two brackets the previous owner referred to as "up brackets" can anyone describe these to me thanks.

2. strawberry

strawberry Junior Member

I found the problem with the lift cylinder to be the teflon seal on the lower spool valve dislogged and was binding the spool valve.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

All Teflon sealer will do is create problems, quaility hyrdaulic fittings do not require teflon. Many of the snoway parts use o rings, you really don't need teflon on those.