1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

262C and my new HLA SnowWing

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Greenmtboy, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Received a call on Monday letting me know that my plow was in. Went and picked it up yesterday and then I had to play with my new toy :D. Plug and play, everything works off the joysticks. Had to swap a couple hyd. lines so the right wing would function the way that I wanted and adjust the flow. Looks like a very well built unit, can't wait to get the Snow Wolfs on and put it to the test.

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

That is going to be a VERY productive setup with that plow & the wolf paws. Awsome!

The only thing that would make it better, is if it had a "bob" in front of the "cat" :jester:

btw, what size snowwing is that?

3. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thanks. It's the 8'-13'. Before I bought the Cat I did look in to BobCat but the dealer wouldn't give me the time of day. Oh well, I'm happy with my Cat.

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Dealer support is VERY important imo. Good luck with your new toy this winter!Thumbs Up

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice machine good luck with it u will like it

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Wow that looks great! Awesome setup!

7. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

what kind of lot will she be on? sweet machine bro!! Thumbs Up

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That thing is the balls!

9. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Nice. I like the looks of that over the Kage system. Good luck be sure to post some action shots.

10. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Nice setup! Looks awesome! Let it snow!

11. AC700EFI

AC700EFI Member

Does the entire plow function on the machine's controls or does it have a separate switch or control for the plow?

12. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Awesome! Most likely the next investment to go on our 325 Deere.
    is it a 8-12 or 9-13?

13. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thanks guys! Yes, all plow functions run off the machines controls. From what I understand this is something HLA just started. It's a 8-13.

14. CGM Inc.

from Ontario

You have to run counterweights?

15. AC700EFI

AC700EFI Member

Thanks Looking at this plow or a machinability. The machinability has it's own control though, seems like it would be alot nicer to run on the loader controls

16. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

I was wondering the samething. Tipping load of the 262C is around 2700 lbs and the blade is only 1400 lbs. I thinking it would be nice to have the extra counter weight, but we will see how it goes without it.

17. CGM Inc.

from Ontario

been told by my dealer to run counterweights if I install the blade on my 325 Deere. Think your machine is slightly heavier.

18. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

My bad, 2700 lbs is operating load not tipping load. Tipping load is 5400 lbs. 262C weighs in at 7968 lbs without the counter weight and your 325 is around 8390 lbs. I think we will be just fine without the added counter weight.

19. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Gave my cat a bath today!

Yup, washed her up, did some maintenance, engine oil and filter, air, hyd, fuel filters, checked drive chain tension and oil, painted my wheels and hubs, put a mini liberty led on the roof and swapped the VTS to the WolfPaws! Only thing left is to fluid film the VTS, plow and machine. Here is a video I took after I was done. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBDRDtPJ5_U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice machine hope it works well for you.